Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Constant Source of Laughter

Ah...........the good times of '09. My children have proven to be an excellent source of laughter and a fail proof means of lifting my spirits. When you become a mother, your children essentially become your life - & that's cool with me.
On the way to VBS at a visiting church a couple of weeks ago my oldest son, now 12, says to me, "Momma don't walk me in." He insists that he doesn't need me to register him or walk him in. {Now let me assure you- the ONLY way he got me to agree to this was the fact that this is my Grandmothers church & I know everyone.} "Momma, I need to make my first impression, you can come a day later in the week." Okay Mr. Bigg, it wasn't like three years ago you wanted me to walk you to your class the first day of the school year! A huge bomb was dropped on me that suddenly my baby really doesn't need me to hold his hand in EVERYTHING he does. This is completely traumatizing for me, I am paralyzed but still driving, fighting that lump in my throat back with everything I have in me, trying to not make this a Wonder Years moment with the dialogue going in my head and everything, I resist. Okay as if that isn't enough for one afternoon drive the boy keeps going! "You know Momma, people are like girls, you just have to cast out your line and sit, wait a while and when they start biting, start getting to know you- Then you reel them in!" Realize- we are pretty much rednecks, so you can imagine how funny this sounds! God instantly rebounded my broken heart with Ty's antics! Okay, back to the story! I'm lol- but wait, where did you learn that?? Did your Daddy teach you that?!?!? "No, as if I need tips from Dad on how to get girls." Yep, that was his reply! Where did this kid come from!! Is this my baby boy??



Okay, Michael Jackson dies, God rest his soul. Whatever, the media is covering this like 24/7 so naturally the kids hear me complaining about it. My youngest can't wait to tell Daddy at the dinner table the news that he eavesdropped in on my phone conversation to obtain, now owning the information as he knew it all along, duh-- "Daddy, did you know that country singer died today?" What?? "You know Daddy he sings Chattahoochee?" Dinner officially spewing out of our noses, I don't care who you are that's funny! Okay, my 8 year old has no idea who Micheal Jackson is! {finally my sheltering skills are paying off, the kids have no reason to know who he is} He thinks Alan Jackson died, we reassured him it was someone else, nobody he knew! Long live
Chattahoochee!! The purest humor!





It's never a dull moment around here that's for sure!! Right now in the background Ty is yelling, "I'm gonna cut you with this knife ah, ha ha!" in his crazy Dr. Hyde voice torturing his brother running around the dining room table. Okay, we are rednecks but I don't let my children have knives, they are just trying to cut the left over pork chops that got a lil' tough in the microwave!







No comments:

Post a Comment