Wednesday, March 4, 2009

we walk by faith not by sight

I started this day out pretty awesome. A friend prayed with me, agreed with me that my burdens with Tyler be lifted. Almost instantly I felt a release and was flooded with peace as my best friend prayed blessing over my life and the lives of my family. Set free was the mode for the day. I will not be torn down, or held in bondage I declared as I exited the Momma car on my way into the office! Come in -get started, check my emails, check my personal emails..........then there it is.....not even 30 minutes into my wonderful day. An email from Tyler's language teacher, which he has a 41-F in her class- fyi. The note began with and I quote, "Tyler's grades continue to fall", now I'm not a parent who expects straight A's out of my children, I only expect them to do their best at whatever God sets their hands to do that day. I had just got through telling my best friend that I have been having a hard time concentrating on Tyler's good when the bad is constantly the same day in and day out for all of 6th grade(this is a heavy burden in a momma). The child will not do his work!! He is very smart, but very strong willed and a bit rebellious. Okay, maybe "a bit" is an understatement, but he has shown signs of improvement. Now I know that it has taken me many, many, almost all of my years to learn all that I have been given knowledge of by the great and merciful Father. But my precious child, you, you go to school every day, you know what you have to do there! Work!
I am trying to repress fear of generational curses being passed on to my son, I know I shall not have a spirit of fear, I know it, I say it out loud, I believe it, I pray it in confidence, why won't it go away!!!!!!! "Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving." Colossians 4:2. This is what I have to do, I do it, but as I am dancing along the enemy tries to steal my peace and bind me up in his fear making me believe I am not doing enough. But my instruction is clear, that is to trust and wait. My Gods word says that I will have sufficient courage.. ...this is what I believe in my heart and cling to knowing that it is the solid truth.
I hang on these days, in anticipation of what the wonderful lump of clay the Lord is molding my child out of will become. I am clinging on to every lesson knowing that I have an 8 year old coming right up behind Tyler. Tristen is completely different, as children always are. I analyze the different personalities of my boys and it makes me giggle a lil', probably just as our heavenly Father looks down on us and sees us working harder trying to make things easier. So basically, I've ended up rambling because I try to blog at work and I have to constantly click away. And it's 3pm and you know what, I feel better sorting all of these feeling out in Georgia font......I really do, that light feeling of my burden feels lifted again because I have reminded myself of what I know I have to do. Knowing and remembering that we walk by faith and not by sight truly is the only way. Because with the way things appear in the natural, one who has no faith would clearly have no hope, no peace. But I have all faith -and hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:5). And that is that!!!!! So I rebuke you Satan in the Name of Almighty Jesus, you will not steal my joy, my peace, my hope! I shall and I will and I am walking by faith and not by sight and just as my best friend told me this morning, while I only see part of the picture, God already has the picture painted and HE has a full view of it and knows exactly how all of this will work to HIS good!!!

4 comments:

  1. That's what I am talkin' bout sister! That's it...we got u set free this morning and the enemy had an attack waiting for you! I hope you screamed at the top of your lungs..."PISS ON U satan, PISS ON U" It's necessary to use force and be nasty with him for some reason he just doesn't get that we are changing - that our KING is changing us. U keep that faith - the more you use it - the more it is going to grow... remember Jeremiah 1:12 - "God watches over HIS word to perform it". We decreed our prayers in total agreement - Job 22:28 tells us that whatever we decree it shall be established. Those two verses combined tell us that God's watching over Tyler & the family to perform the things we asked of HIM this morning. U cling to our Father - b.c. u have nothing else that's more sufficient than HE. I love you and I am glad you blogged - makes the soul feel better. I promise you this - u and I are freedom writers - undoing the wrongs of the past with our words on paper.... generational curses are broken by us so that they will not be passed on to our children.... we have been set free from that. So stop sweatin' it and for goodness sake's give God the trust and honor HE deserves - don't bind HIS hands from working. Stay out of it. I know as a momma how difficult this is - but u have the strength thru Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my kids are a few years younger. but your perspective reminds me to pray and be more intentional as a parent today! hang on to His strength! again great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is in the 'big stuff' but don't forget He is in the 'small stuff'. Every smile, hug, good morning and good night. Those moments are super glue when things seem to be falling apart.
    Isn't it wonderful how you can work things out in your mind by writing them out!? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy!!! I just read this post, since I just found your blog, and I LOVE IT! What an awesome outlook you have. And such a reminder that I needed tonight. Thanks for sharing this. Glad to be back in touch with you!!

    ReplyDelete